Friday, April 11, 2014

Anja's Diary

 Anja's Diary: A collection of a few diary entries I thought would be interesting to see from Anja's point of view.
1935
Today my classmate introduced me to a very charming man. He said he was his cousin named Vladek. It was so very embarrassing when I learned that he too could speak English! I think I like him very much but I have also heard rumors about some girl named Lucia...hopefully there is nothing to the rumors. After all, you can never trust what you hear on gossip

1936
The other day Vladek learned of my involvement in Communist messages. He even threatened to call off our marriage. I was just trying to help out and be useful for once, and then everybody ends up getting hurt. Miss Stefanska ended up being thrown in jail because I stupidly trusted her with the documents. I just hope that she will be able to get out. I am just so mad right now, I was just trying to help out a friend! Hopefully Vladek will forgive me, and all will be forgotten.

 1937
 My beautiful little son Richieu was born a week ago. It was wonderful and I am so happy that Vladek and I have had our first child together. Hopefully many more follow along the way. Unfortunately Vladek has not been home in a while, due to his new factory in Bielsko. He has even started living there! I know he is supporting us but it is beginning to get very lonely with just me and Richieu around.

1950
Little Art just turned 2 today. He is growing up so fast, I almost wish it could stop. It is hard to see him this age, he just reminds me so much of his older brother. If Richieu was here today he would be 13. Oh it was absolutely devastating when Vladek and I learned of Tosha's suicide. I cried for weeks and weeks. We never even got the chance to properly mourn at the time, since we were on the run. I still cry if I even begin to think about it.

1956
Today Artie asked who was in the picture over our bed. I started sobbing out of grief. He didn't know what was going on and got scared and ran to Vladek. I just hope that I can start being a better mother to Artie soon. I miss Richieu so much but I just have to remember that he is watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment